Monday, October 31, 2011

A Recipe for Monday: Spinach Balls


I would like to share my go-to party recipe that my friend Gina requested I bring to her place on Saturday night.  Spinach balls are freakishly easy and such a crowd pleaser.  Some might say a good cook never reveals her recipes, but I say, let's spread the spinach ball love.

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • 2 cups bread crumbs (the chunky kind, not the fine Panko kind)
  • 1 cup coarsely Parmesan cheese (not finely grated)
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 4 small green onion, finely chopped
  • 4 eggs, lightly beaten
  • salt and pepper to taste


DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
  2. Mix all ingredients. 
  3. Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls.
  4. Arrange the balls in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned and sizzling.
  5. Serve with spicy mustard.
  6. Consume.
Makes about 100 balls, always at least double the recipe since people will likely eat them pretty quickly.  Stay tuned, during the holidays I'll also share my other favorite finger food: cheddar olive balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment