Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pink-Shmink

I loved this series when I saw in on J.Crew.  I love everything Jenna actually.  (She lives in Park Slope!!!!) Therefore I was so dismayed to read about people criticizing it.  'Fox News psychologist Keith Ablow calls the ad “a dramatic example of the way that our culture is being encouraged to abandon all trappings of gender identity.”'  


I say rock that pink Beckett!!!!


via J.Crew
Via The Daily Beast: 
A new J.Crew ad is generating controversy. The ad features brand designer Jenna Lyons and her 5-year-old son wearing pink toenail polish. It includes a caption that reads: “Lucky for me, I ended up with a boy whose favorite color is pink.” Many conservative pundits are complaining that the ad actually pushes a transgender agenda. Fox News psychologist Keith Ablow calls the ad “a dramatic example of the way that our culture is being encouraged to abandon all trappings of gender identity.” Neither J. Crew nor Lyons have responded to Ablow's comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment