Monday, January 24, 2011

Country (Strong) Style

Last week my friend Liz and I saw "Country Strong."  Despite all the negative reviews, we had to go see Gwyneth strut her stuff as a country singer.  And guess what?  It wasn't that bad!  In fact we both enjoyed it, though admittedly it does have more than a healthy dose of melodrama.


I especially loved the character Kelly Canter's clothes.  Lots of cowboy boots, plaid shirts, and silver bracelets.  If only I could emulate the outfit featured above.  

Hmmm, maybe I'll try.

I could start with a basic plaid shirt:
via
Add some killer leather pants:
via


And top off with some classic black cowboy boots:
via
Judging from my generally casual style, I think the leather pants would be the hardest to pull off.  Oh well.


And speaking of cowboy boots, this photo always makes me smile.  I saw it years ago and can't remember where, so alas no photo credit.


No comments:

Post a Comment